austrian-based wildlife photographer, biologist & traveller
contact: info [at] jessicawinterphoto.com
Born 1991 in Hesse, Germany, I started being passionate with wildlife and animal behaviour at an early age. The deep connection with nature inspired me to become a wildlife photographer as well as pursuing a degree in biology.
During my bachelor’s degree in biology, I got the unique opportunity to spend a season on a remote island of the Falkland Archipelago in order to study seabirds. The time in this wild, untouched environment far away from human civilization left a lasting impression on me. Since then, I travelled – both for science and photography – to various countries like South Africa, Costa Rica and Scandinavia. To me, it is especially appealing when I am able to combine my passions of photography and wildlife.
Through my photography I want to make a difference and I am aiming to raise awareness towards the protection of natural habitats and its inhabitants
During the last years, I also developed my equine photography skills. I am currently living in Vienna where I am doing my Masters degree in cognitive biology. Since 2016, I am a team member of Wiener Wildnis (“Wildlife in Vienna”), a multimedia project on urban wildlife launched by Verena Popp-Hackner and Georg Popp.
Canon 5d Mark III
Canon EF 300mm 2.8/Canon 70-200mm 2.8/Canon 17-40mm 4.0/Sigma 150mm 2.8
- Contribution to the nature documentary (NHK, Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai), 2014
- 1st Place GDT Nature Photographer of the Year/Nature’s Atelier 2015 – Rastplatz
- 4th Place GDT Nature Photographer of the Year/Birds 2015 – Blickkontakt
- Naturfoto 11/2015 „Eine neue Generation – Kreative Techniken der Naturfotografie“
- Presentation „Living in a colony“ – GDT International Nature Photography Festival 2015
- Fotoforum 02/2016 Portfolio Article GDT Youth Group
- Book „Urbane Naturfotografie“ (Georg Popp/Verena Popp-Hackner)
- Fotoforum 06/2016 Portfolio Article (PDF)
- Universum Magazin 11/2016 “New Island – Das Juwel der Falklandinseln”
- Exhibition BirdExperience 2017
- Highlight Glanzlichter der Naturfotografie/Nature as Art – Augenblick